Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bring Joy

This isn't a new year resolution. Because I don't plan on it failing. Or pretending like I didn't say this in about three and a half weeks. This is real and it isn't a new years resolution because I thought about it before the new year even happened.

promise.

this is what I know:
I like people who make me laugh. Who make me happy to be where I am, doing what I'm doing, because they're there. I like people who make my day better.

and this is my thought:
what if...I was that person. What if I made people laugh? Made them feel better? Brightened their day?

here's the key part:
regardless of how I feel. whether I want  to be at work. or I happen to be struggling with myself. beyond all of that, if I stepped outside of myself and where I'm at and simply

brought joy.
because I know people need it.

I would really like to be that girl.

I will probably fail 9 times out of 10 (okay, maybe 8), because lets be honest, I get wrapped up in my worries more than a normal person should, BUT

if every morning,  I wake up and try again, wrap my joy up in a paper bag and carry it to work, share it in a smile, or a joke, or a listening ear;
if every morning, I make the choice (no matter how many times remade)

to bring joy.
I think that's what counts.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome goal, I'd love to be that person too. Just pray for Gods strength, this is a good desire and He'll help you get there. Great desire Kylee :-)
    -Chantal
    Www.stilldeeper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete