Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beauty in Disappointment

I had plans.

Finish up work, spend the weekend with friends in another state, dance and photograph and just relax for a few days.

Then I woke up sick.

Fever, puking, miserable sick.

And I was angry.

BECAUSE I HAD PLANS, you know?

I'll admit, the sick part was pretty awful. Laying on the couch for 48 hours wondering if you'll ever want to eat again is not ideal. Missing work (read: money) wasn't great.

But waking up rested after two days of sleeping was needed. And spending 3 days with my godparents (from CA) instead of 1, was pretty special. Bowling and watching movies and learning about football was...refreshing.

I'll admit, I'm still disappointed my plans didn't go as planned. I'm sad I didn't get to spend time with my friends.

However, realizing God can make beautiful things out of my disappointment, that he can renew and breathe life into areas I didn't even know I were lacking...is pretty amazing.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...yep...trusting God who has the bigger picture in mind even when we have the most perfect snapshot in our mind......that's a winner....

    ReplyDelete