Friday, September 28, 2012

There is Calm

A few nights ago I found myself laying in bed,
tears creasing my face as I thought, 
"I don't think I can do this God. I don't know if it's worth it." 
I was worn down
worn out
worn through. 

And then, I was reminded, by my good friend Pastor Teske,
of my healing - 
of my identity, a beloved daughter of God,
who's been rescued and set free {thank you Jesus}. 

So again,
I said a prayer,
to chase out the Lies, the Self Hate, the Oppression,
and asked to be filled with His Love, His Peace, His Security. 

I have just spent the last 24 hours free of any negative thoughts -
no fear,
no anxiety,
no abusive self talk. 

For the first time in a long time,
there is calm. 


1 comment:

  1. Kylee, you're a beautiful woman both inside and out! Good for you for turning to God when the evil one was working hard on you! Live loved -- as a child of God -- for (as John says) that is what you are!

    ReplyDelete