Tuesday, January 17, 2012

be your Own kind of Magical

Sometimes, I think I have to wait to write to you -
wait until I have a profound statement, a revelation, a funny story.
I think I have to pretend like life is a little bit magical,
a little bit cute, a little bit satisfying
all.the.time.

But lets be honest -
life is snow boots, because they're easy to put on at 6:30 in the morning,
messy buns so I don't have to wash my hair,
and a little bit of frustration because I did this
whole routine yesterday too.

Life is hand written notes,
black pen on lined notebook paper,
"motivation = passion"
because I don't want to ever forget,
first and foremost: love what I do.

Life is knowing I'm better at being myself today,
than I was a year ago,
still imperfect
and a tiny bit of a mess,
but most surely in the process of improving.

and maybe that's its own kind of magical

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful Kylee! I enjoy reading your poems and I especially love this one. -Heidi

    ReplyDelete