Monday, May 17, 2010

Family Love

My extended family has never been the kind to live in one area and be apart of each others daily lives - in fact, sometimes we go years without seeing certain people. And while sometimes I wish we were that family, I think being so spread out makes us appreciate our time together so much more.

I spent this last weekend out in the country with some aunts and uncles and cousins, soaking up the moments we shared, knowing they'd have to last me awhile. My family (on both sides) may be a little rough around the edges and we've far from perfect, but by golly, we love each other. We're loyal, we're loud, a little bit crazy, and a whole lot of funny! :)

I loved the lazy afternoons with Aunt Nan, listening to her stories (it's so interesting to discover the person someone was before you knew them!) I loved riding the motorcycle with Uncle Glen, the wind beating against my shoulders and the sun soft on the horizon. I loved realizing my younger cousins look up to me and all the inside jokes we created. I loved hugging my cousin Jason and Uncle Kent, the first time in so, so long!

But most of I just loved knowing I was loved.

1 comment:

  1. Family is a cool anchor to hang on to. Love you girly, MOM

    ReplyDelete