Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter & Ticks...











Today I got to go to the 8 am "traditional" service for Easter... as soon as that first organ note began playing "Christ the Lord is risen today...", it felt like home. =) There's something I love about Easter Sunday. It's the mix of well worn hymns in my mouth and a building full of people shouting,"He is risen indeed, Alleluia!" It's the vibrant colors and the fuzzy sunlight peaking through the windows. But most of all it's that tremor of excitement in the air: OUR SAVIOR LIVES!
Check out this great verse: Revelations 1:18, "I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." The knowdlege of this blows me away, because my God is so incredibly powerful - not even death is greater than Him! What security, what happiness, this promise gives me...it's like my heart can't stop smiling!!
---------------------------
On another note, I faced yet another fear today...NATURE. Okay, so nature doesn't scare me, but trees in spring sure do - because that means ticks, and oh my, I am terrified of those!! We went out to Arbor Hills Nature Preserve today, probably the only decent piece of land in Dallas, if not all of Texas. It was fun hiking around and talking with the girls but we ended up going off on a side trial, if you can even call it a trail, deep into the trees, and it made me pretty nervous. In my head I kept chanting "there are no bugs, there are no bugs". I know, I know, I'm a pathetic person! Riley and Sloan enjoyed telling me there was something crawling on my leg and watching me freak out. So much love...




2 comments:

  1. 1. there is something so beautiful about everyone saying, "He is risen indeed, Alleluia." I miss that. in a odd way even though I love the non-traditional all at once.
    2. i love the shoes.
    3. you sound like me with bugs...yesterday, I had a moment where something brushed my leg and I thought I was back in Africa with the horrible gross bugs...I freaked out and my mom was like uhh what?
    4. it makes my heart happy that your heart can't stop smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter morning I got to roll over and look at Jonas (the little man) and exclaim!!! He has risen!!! He made a ghhhuuuh sound - almost like "good". I laughed. I pray that he will live the exciting life with Christ.

    I so agree about Arbor Hills being the only decent piece of land in Dallas...unless you count the Dallas Arboretum (but you have to pay to go there).

    Where in Africa have you been?

    ReplyDelete