Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Dilemma With Sleeping In

I. Am a night owl. Why? Because everything is better at night...
People are less irritating... I'm less cranky and more cuddly (believe it nor not :P)...and I like to think I'm twice as funny. I also like to stay up an hour or two after everybody else and enjoy the silence, something kind of rare in my house.

But you see, there is a problem. If you stay up late, you are probably going to end up sleeping in, which is all well and good...until you wake up and it's 11 and your day is half over. This does not do. I may enjoy staying up until the wee hours of the morning, but I do not like sleeping past 9. Which usually means I get between 5-7 hours of sleep every night. Again, another problem. My body is not ok with the lack of sleep and usually ends up defying me. Which then leads to me sleeping through two or three alarm clocks and getting very little done in a day. Oh what to do, what to do. Such a dilemma.

Today is a day of waiting. Waiting to find out if my laptop can be fixed before I have to leave. Waiting for money to show up so I can purchase items needed for the trip. Waiting to find out if the van will be fixed in time for the weekend. Bah, so much waiting and so little patience.

In the mean time, I am holing up in my room with episodes of CSI and The Waltons and pretending like I am not the least bit stressed. Me STRESSED?? ...never!

1 comment:

  1. You sound just like me lately....I absolutely love getting up early in the morning, but I love love love staying up long after everyone else is asleep...and I function best on my 7-8 hours of sleep.
    I hope that by the time I see you tonight that some of that waiting is resolved!!

    ReplyDelete